Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Setting the Tone





This morning it hit me, well I lie, I have been thinking this over the past several weeks.  Every morning of every day I set the tone for that day!  I wake up, and... SET THE TONE!

What ever attitude that is, it usually stays with me through the day!

All throughout high school I always had coaches that would say before we began a game... "set the tone"

I left off something important from that... it always ended with "early" SET THE TONE EARLY

Setting the tone, by definition to me:  Going out and trying to show the other opponent or ourselves that we are here and ready, prepared, and are planning on dominating, it is our way or the highway type of mentality.

Why don't we live with a "set the tone" mentality? Wanting to dominate the day that we have been blessed with?

So now more than ever I think it is so important in our everyday lives to wake up and "set the tone"!
I think everyone can look back to the days that we are pretty groggy all day, where you feel like you were just going through the motions?  No doubt the tone we started with that morning of that day was not as positive as other early morning starts we have had.

So this post is more so of a challenge - tomorrow when you wake up and every morning after that 
SET THE TONE FOR THE DAY!  DOMINATE THE DAY!

With that said I will end this with a writing from Charles Swindoll that is awesome to wake up to - to help you "set the tone early" everyday!

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.  Attitude to me, is more important than facts.  It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstance, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.  It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.  It will make or break a company...a home...or ruin (one's) spirituality.  

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace that day.  We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act a certain way.  We cannot change the inevitable.  The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...

I am conviced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.  And so it is with you...we are in charge of Attitudes!"  - Charles Swindoll








No comments:

Post a Comment