Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hunting Island/Beaufort Trip

One thing Morgann and I love to do together is take trips.  Since the move we haven't really wanted to as we have been recuperating from the move by going to the beach every weekend for two months.  So this past Saturday we planned a little date day/night down to Beaufort/Hunting Island, the recap by pictures...


So we started the date day early at Palm and Moon Bagel shop (suggested by one of my students).  We took it to go and ate out on the harbor in downtown Beaufort.  I obviously had to go with the Joey special - 2 bagels.  (Friends TV Show reference)


So after the early breakfast we drove into Hunting Island (about 15 minutes from Beaufort).  Honestly, the most beautiful drive in, because you feel like you are literally in a jungle.  So I must have said this 20 times - "it is like we are in a jungle, there had to have been movies filmed here".



Since it is a state park, there are no houses on the island so it is literally what any beach you go to would look like if we hadn't built anything on the land, amazing!  


First time I have ever seen trees growing out of the ocean.  In which I definitely kept thinking this quote all day as well - "we are really still in the USA".


Had to post this shot because after doing a little research on movies shot on the island (Forest Gump, G.I. Jane, and Jungle Book), this is the spot where Forest brings Cap't Dan out of the jungle to save him and also where Bubba passes away.


After spending all afternoon lounging/reading on the beach we ended the day with a date night dinner downtown Beaufort by the harbor at The Old Bull Tavern which I would highly suggest to eat at if ever in the area!

One great date day!!!

Side note story from the day:  After spending all day on the beach Morgann and I wanted to get ready to go out to eat.  Obviously there are no showers, so I had planned on just rinsing off in the outdoor shower rinser-offer that everyone in the state park is using and then I was going to change once I got the sand off of me.  Morgann has other plans, as I am just rinsing the sand off of myself, I look over and Morgann has brought an entire bar of soap in a travel case and is actually taking a shower in the beach rinse off station.  As I am laughing uncontrollably at her and have left the scene as I do not want to be a part of this, I look over and Morgann has this other woman that is rinsing off rubbing the soap off of her back.  It is things like that why I love Morgann King, because I would never do that but she has no problem with taking a public shower, and getting others to help her with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment