Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve/1224


Why the 1224?  My twitter name, my email.

What a perfect day to explain why my name always ends with 1224.

There are really 3 reasons:

1.  Because of this day.  The date of this post.  Christmas eve.  When I was growing up Christmas Eve was the day.  The day full of excitement, tradition, and the many questions of what tomorrow could bring.   The one night during the year where I would go to bed at night and just lay there with my eyes wide open in anticipation of the morning.  The one night as a kid where I woke up every hour of the night wondering if it was time to get up yet?  And now, I want to have that 1224 to my name for the reminder.  The reminder that I want to live all my nights when I go to bed as if it is 12/24.   The reminder that God has blessed me with that next day, that next morning, and I should be super excited that I get the chance to take full advantage of it.  Excited to wake up and live with a PURPOSE.  Excited to wake up to a beautiful, loving wife.  Excited to wake up and be in a warm house. Excited to have the ability to have a job.  Excited and blessed to have the relationships I have around me.

2.  The street I grew up on.  1224 Lynn St.  It is my roots.  It is my home.  It is where I come from.  1224 will always be my home.  Even if my parents were to move out of that address.  1224 would still be my home, and where I was raised.  So I grew up with 1224 being a part of me and I want to keep it that way.

3.  It is great when you sign up for something online because on most websites the chances of their being another cking1224 as a sign in name is highly unlikely.  So that is a huge plus for me.

I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas Eve, a 1224, as we look forward to celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ tomorrow!

"The virgin will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and they will name Him Immanuel." Matthew1:23