Friday, December 14, 2012

Can Dreams really become a reality?

You may have all heard the phrase "make your dreams become a reality".  Do you believe this is possible?  Do you believe you have what it takes?  Do you really even want your dreams to become a reality?  Are dreams just that, a dream, and they should stay there?

When I focus on the phrase "make your dreams become a reality".  The first thing that pops in my head is, well, the dreams I actually have while I'm sleeping.

Do I really want these dreams to become a reality???
Sometimes I dream of building a go-cart with my bare hands in one day.  Sometimes I dream of doing bodybuilding poses next to Arnold Schwarzenegger on Venice Beach.  I once dreamed of leading at least 200 people waving both their hands and arms high in the air to  Hip Hop Hooray by Naughty by Nature  In 2008, as the best man of my brothers wedding, giving the best man speech I was able to make this dream become a reality.  Was it fulfilling, absolutely, but I don't believe those are the types of dreams that give our life purpose, or the truth behind "make your dreams become a reality".

When Martin Luther King Jr. announced "I have a dream..." I can promise you he wasn't talking about or going to follow that sentence up with "...to build a go-cart with my bare hands in one day" type of dream.  He was talking about a mind set change, a change in what the future was for our whole country, a challenge to himself and others, AN ULTIMATE GOAL.

That is what it truly means to have the want/desire to make a dream become real.  Setting a goal that may or may not be able to be accomplished, but we are going to challenge our self to the best of our ability to make it happen.  An ultimate goal/dream, can't be accomplished by tomorrow, but by changing how we act/react to the day of tomorrow will ultimately affect the reality of our ultimate goal/dream being accomplished in the end.

We all have goals, whether we sit and write them down (highly advised by me) or we just know in our head what we want to accomplish on any given day, month, or year.  It is a goal.  But if we set goals that we know are achievable then is it really a goal at all or more of a to do list?  You don't have to change anything about your life to attain a goal that you know you can achieve.  But you will have to change to be able to accomplish a dream.  When your motivation changes, your mind set will change.

When you focus on your dreams, you will find your purpose, and when you find your purpose you will have the drive to make those dreams become your reality.

What are your DREAMS?  
You will have to change your mind set to make them become a reality!  So start TODAY!

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world.  BUT IT TAKES PEOPLE to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney