Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Jerry Rice: Go Long!

So, second book of the year complete.  My first autobiography of the year (I love autobiographies if you didn't know)  This will not be the last one of the year!

One of the main things I want to read this year are books of people that have been successful.  I want to find out what truly inspired them to reach the goals they had set and what set them apart from others in their field.

I chose this book for several reasons; I wanted to know the heart, experiences, and drive that lead Jerry Rice's life, since I didn't know much detail about what made Jerry Rice, Jerry Rice, in my opinion, one of the best wide receivers to ever play the game of football.  I also saw the book at the library and knew I wouldn't have to pay for it.  (frugal man)

So all in all, I did learn most of the above.  Jerry was pushed by himself (drive from the inside), grew up in a large family, married early, and really just worked his tail off. One of my favorite quotes from the book is:

"Taking a risk means you are putting something on the line-your security or comfort zone, your reputation, your life-but it also means you have something wonderful to gain."

Would I suggest this book to others?  Umm... only if you want to learn a little more depth of the number one receiver to ever play the game.  But from a motivational standpoint, it didn't really stand out too much of a must have.